Large and in Charge7:29 PM
Big Enormous Immense... However you word it this oversized trend is not going anywhere. Seen last and this year on the runway this trend is finally being widely accepted by the public, and not just by those who are fashion savvy. Everywhere I have seen women walk around the streets of New York City wearing over sized boxy fit coats, blazers and baggy sweaters.
Now usually I am against people wearing oversized clothes, it has a tendency of making people look far bigger than what they are, however there is definitely a right way to do it without drowning yourself in fabric.
These are just a few styles from ASOS that follow this trend that I adore (and of course all under $100!)
1. ASOS Tunic Sweater with Pocket- $52.77
2. ASOS Crepe Boyfriend Blazer- $96.75
3. Minkpink 'Double Take' Polka Dot Chiffon Shirt - $79.16 (this combines so many trends in one; sheer, polkadots, and has a certain largeness without loosing its femininity)
How can I ignore ZARA this fast fashion retailer always provides the latest trends for an affordable cost.
1. Sequined Sweater With Back Bow- $79.90 (glitter and bows? Yes please!)
2. Blazer with Studded Shoulders- $99.90 ( not huge! definitely will not drown out your figure but the length is what really caught my eye)
3. Herringbone Detail Sweater - $79.90
For all of you who are hesitant on this trend, always remember you don't have to overdo it. Start out small and think what would flatter your body figure. Don't just go out and buy a bigger size of a normal size good, buy something that was made to look oversized.